has anyone used power tools to mix the brew up ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toastie

Regular.
Reaction score
in B&Q today i saw these bit stirrer/whisk things that got on a drill and wondered if something like it would be good at the beginning when you need to mix it well and get some air in .

i guess a drill would be to quick but has anyone used anything else ?

id put a pic up of what im on about but have no idea what its called so cant find it :)

i want this bad ass :D

download.jpg

I use one of the plastic brewing spatulars with a cordless, whips it up good and proper!

Once tried the wife's vibrator but it brought all the wet stuff to the top and created a solid bottom. ;)

BB

I use an electric hand blender with stainless steel balloon whisk.

PB10061907.jpg

Personally, I think that my wort gets more than aerated enough when being splashed into the fv. Never been a problem yet. I do always use yeast that is already up to speed though which helps too I reckon.

I haven't (yet) used campden tablets so have been using water straight from my shower hose into the fv. The first beer I did like this got such a massive head on it I had to do a short brew. It went off like a rocket too. The couple I've done since I've given them a good old stir and just used the hose for the last couple of inches.

Latest posts

Back