Hazelwood’s Brewday Part 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I feel certain beers are better bottled conditioned. Belgian beers fall into that category, no way I could get the carbonation level correct out of the keg.

I agree. I'm about to make a large batch of Hefeweizen, and I'm going to bottle condition a third of it, to see the difference. I'm expecting more flavour and aroma in the bottle conditioned one.

One of the nicest beers I've ever made was bottle conditioned, and it was just golden promise malt with cascade, centennial and mosaic.

Youngest daughter called a few minutes ago. She’s bored and decided to go down town, wondered if my wife might want to join her for a stroll around town - as if there was ever any doubt!

Anyway, this means I’m unsupervised so I’ve decided an impromptu brew-day is called for. Just knocked up a quick Altbier recipe.

Brew-day is on…

Youngest daughter called a few minutes ago. She’s bored and decided to go down town, wondered if my wife might want to join her for a stroll around town - as if there was ever any doubt!

Anyway, this means I’m unsupervised so I’ve decided an impromptu brew-day is called for. Just knocked up a quick Altbier recipe.

Brew-day is on…
You'll be locked in the brew shed when they get back.

Mash is now in progress, no going back at this juncture.

FE98121F-7A7E-43E4-B46B-1A588BFCBD20.jpeg
BB65FE2C-442C-4E41-A153-0C3FEE9030E7.jpeg

Still waiting on the mash to finish (pH was 5.5 so a little higher than I would have liked but not high enough for me to bother doing anything about it) I had a taste of my West Coast IPA.

A little less murky than last time but the aroma is soooo much better. Flavour is better too but still got a way to go.

2848A9C4-1036-4A5C-A949-429CEB257C28.jpeg

Hi! It’s a magnetic high-temperature food grade pump like this one…

https://m.vevor.co.uk/beer-pump-c_1...Xfnkrnft32QfKpz6-cwLQFOgWffxrHNRoCOVgQAvD_BwE
Excellent, thx for that. Will finally try and knock something together. I don't suppose you wrote a bit of blurb on what you used etc? Will have a scan through threads this eve as someone will have. Need to source an attachment for the lid to spray the wort. Love these little DIY projects brewing throws up 😎

Excellent, thx for that. Will finally try and knock something together. I don't suppose you wrote a bit of blurb on what you used etc? Will have a scan through threads this eve as someone will have. Need to source an attachment for the lid to spray the wort. Love these little DIY projects brewing throws up 😎
H don't do little!

I think I described the stuff you’re looking at in the first few posts of my original brewday thread. If you can’t find it let me know and I will find it for you.

Latest posts

Back