HBF 2015 awards

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm bored and the F2F thread / beard thing gave me an idea.

What do you lovely brewing folk think to the idea of having a forum new year awards competition? We agree a list of categories then have a week or so to nominate and then winners are announced, all dramatic like?

I've no idea how the nominating would work without it being public, though. Maybe a lovely mod would accept pms in which we make our nominations for each agreed category?

Anyway, what would the categories be? Suggest some and then we'll finalise a list.

My starters for 10:

- most prolific brewer
- most prolific drinker
- best recipe
- most helpful member
- the forum 'legend'
- most knowledgeable
- most amusing member
- largest member (joke)
And obviously best beard. (Not a joke)

Let's do it. There's some wonderful people on this forum, let's celebrate them!

I was thinking about something like this as well, it's a good idea
Additional categories to consider
Best newcomer
Biggest brew disaster

Can I type this in shouty language? WHAT A CRACKING IDEA!!!!! And I would willingly accept nominations, keep score, and award the deserving winners with the accolade of your choice. Here it is though, a new thread should be created perhaps to decide a name of the awards - such as HBF MPB (HBF Most Prolific Brewer), HBF MPD(HBF Most Prolific Drinker) etc.

Oh, and don't forget, HBF CBE - competitions best ever!!!!!!!

Next steps - we need to agree on the categories. How about you all put your ideas forward, lets say for one week. At the end of the week I'll put them all together, then everyone can vote on the categories themselves. Once we have got categories agreed, I'll open a poll. If this flies, I will even take it as far as approaching some of my contacts (nudge nudge, wink wink) to see if I can secure some kind of accolade.......

Latest posts

Back