hello everyone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyspet

Reaction score
:D hello one and all, my first brew is underway coopers english bitter, it smells amazing, off down to my local brew shop 2mrow, to have a good nose around, might even pick another brew some thing like a real ale or a stout maybe something with a bit of a kick, any suggestions would appreciated, this as been a great site already for me with some great advice, seems like a good little hobby this, miles better then bird watching ha ha, anyway cheers everyone :cheers: :drink:

andyspet said:
:D hello one and all, my first brew is underway coopers english bitter, it smells amazing, off down to my local brew shop 2mrow, to have a good nose around, might even pick another brew some thing like a real ale or a stout maybe something with a bit of a kick, any suggestions would appreciated, this as been a great site already for me with some great advice, seems like a good little hobby this, miles better then bird watching ha ha, anyway cheers everyone :cheers: :drink:
Hi andyspet
Well if your looking for a good stout you can't go wrong with the coopers stout kit.
I make it with 500g dark spray malt and 500g brewing sugar.
Dead easy to brew and the results are fantastic!

Welcome to the forum fella, I am sure you will enjoy as much as everybody else here very clearly does. Do try the ginger beer, it is a really nice thing to cut your teeth on (as it were). I think we are all (on that bit anyway) looking to create the perfect recipe...

Good luck with it all.

loppy said:
andyspet said:
Hi andyspet
Well if your looking for a good stout you can't go wrong with the coopers stout kit.
I make it with 500g dark spray malt and 500g brewing sugar.
Dead easy to brew and the results are fantastic!

i will look into those cheers.

Welcome to the forum, i'm sure like me you will find the advice on here second to none!
Also can recommend the coopers stout kit - made mine up with 1kg of dark spraymalt and
a tin of dark treacle (for a little bit of a cheekier flavour) turned out superb!!

degsie73 said:
Welcome to the forum, i'm sure like me you will find the advice on here second to none!
Also can recommend the coopers stout kit - made mine up with 1kg of dark spraymalt and
a tin of dark treacle (for a little bit of a cheekier flavour) turned out superb!!

sounds great, did the treacle take the alcohol level up. :clap:

golder247 said:
Welcome to the forum fella, I am sure you will enjoy as much as everybody else here very clearly does. Do try the ginger beer, it is a really nice thing to cut your teeth on (as it were). I think we are all (on that bit anyway) looking to create the perfect recipe...

Good luck with it all.

cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back