Hello everyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc0tty81

Reaction score
Hello I'm Scott, I live in the UK and my brother got me a brew buddy lager kit for Xmas, I'm quickly becoming obsessed and have been reading loads about brewing while fermenting my first brew!!

sc0tty81 said:
I'm quickly becoming obsessed

Great ain't it.... :clap: it happens like that.

sc0tty81 said:
and have been reading loads about brewing while fermenting my first brew!!

Read all you can....and you've got your first brew in a FV :party: get another one on the go now.

sc0tty81 said:
Hello I'm Scott, I live in the UK and my brother got me a brew buddy lager kit for Xmas, I'm quickly becoming obsessed and have been reading loads about brewing while fermenting my first brew!!

Looks like you'll be a regular contributor here! The obsession only grows..stronger and darker :grin:

I do think this is gonna become more obsessive, already adding upgrades to my setup to get my brewing process under tight control, the patience side of things is killing me, I swear the fermenting brew is whispering my name Everytime I pass it :D

sc0tty81 said:
I do think this is gonna become more obsessive, already adding upgrades to my setup to get my brewing process under tight control, the patience side of things is killing me, I swear the fermenting brew is whispering my name Everytime I pass it :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :? Nurse! Nurse!
Seriously though it is a killer, I've had my first one bottled for only two days and I can't wait for the shop to open on Thursday to get my next one going!
Come February the shed should be starting to resemble an off licence!!!!

Kinleycat said:
sc0tty81 said:
Seriously though it is a killer, I've had my first one bottled for only two days and I can't wait for the shop to open on Thursday to get my next one going!

Lol same here I'm scared of running out before I even have any ready to drink!!

sc0tty81 said:
Kinleycat said:
sc0tty81 said:

Lol same here I'm scared of running out before I even have any ready to drink!!
I'm trying to not get ahead of myself so I'm wanting to wait to try the first brew in case it's **** and I make a similar mistake with the second, but equally I've only got four gallon and while its cold and I can utilise the cold temp for a lager ferment I want to get busy.
It's deffo a trip to M &D on Thursday after work, also time to get the shed in order. :thumb:
Cerveza here I come!!!!! :party: :party:

I've got the outhouse sorted, got an aquarium heater in a water bath for fermenting and it's cold enough out there to chill when finished, only problem I got is warmth for conditioning when bottled/barreled, I have to bring it in the house, doesn't please my wife much!! Just bottled what I can and the rest is in the pressure barrel, ive left it in the dining room, which will be its home for a couple of days before it goes back to the outhouse to chill!!

Just started off the next batch :)

The shed is going to receive some attention this week for the cools stuff and general storage, but the under stairs is a perfect 18-22c.
I'm going to do a double brew, one FB with Coopers Cerveza and the other with Wilkos Cerveza, I'll report back as to which turns out best.
80 pints plus the 40 Coopers Draught should be enough to see me through to some serious BBQ season brewing. :drunk:

Ive just bottled the youngs brew buddy lager that came with the kit, just started the coopers australian lager, will let you know how they both turn out, the fermenting temperature with the new batch is going to be under control a lot better than the first batch, not sure how much difference that will make..
Will keep you posted..
Good luck with your brews :cheers:

sc0tty81 said:
Ive just bottled the youngs brew buddy lager that came with the kit, just started the coopers australian lager, will let you know how they both turn out, the fermenting temperature with the new batch is going to be under control a lot better than the first batch, not sure how much difference that will make..
Will keep you posted..
Good luck with your brews :cheers:
You too pal :cheers:

Latest posts

Back