Hello fellow brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nottingham based brewer moving into the wonderful world of all grain for the first time.
Done extract kits for years and always been reasonably happy with the results.
However I've changed me drinking ways me duck!
I used to get on a decent IPA and just drink that all evening until p*ssed...
Still love a good cask ale but I've started to appreciate what I'm drinking a bit more.
Over the last few years like many of us I've got into Keg ale/craft beer. Theres loads of great micro breweries with tap rooms round Notts
Black Iris, Neon Rapter, Liquid Light, and a load of bars now serve a range of Keg/craft beer.

So I'm after trying to brew that type of thing- (which I can't seem to get with the exact kits)
I have got a lot to learn, and will need your help and advise.
Got me self a mash tun, Kettle a HLT and some kegs!
So- roll up the sleeves, put on the apron and let's get brewing..

Welcome. I'm also based in Nottingham, out on the Stapleford side! If you are not aware, there is a Nottingham Brewers Group on Facebook - they arrange meet-ups occasionally. The next one is at the Neon Raptor on 14th April. I went to the last one (tho a late arrival) and it's a nice bunch of Brewers. Great chance to meet others and swap a few brews👍

Welcome. I'm also based in Nottingham, out on the Stapleford side! If you are not aware, there is a Nottingham Brewers Group on Facebook - they arrange meet-ups occasionally. The next one is at the Neon Raptor on 14th April. I went to the last one (tho a late arrival) and it's a nice bunch of Brewers. Great chance to meet others and swap a few brews👍
Thanks, good info..any reason to visit the Raptor! I’ll put it in my diary
vibes 😎

Latest posts

Back