Hello from Greene King country

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm doing this the wrong way, as I did my first post yesterday about Suffolk water but thought I'd better come out of the shadows a bit. I've been brewing four years now, after a lapse of about 35 years and like most folk here started with a few extract brews, then got stuck into BIAB and haven't looked back.

I appreciate that Greene King is often seen as a dirty word on here, which makes me sad, as I've been drinking it since the late 1960s and still enjoy a pint of Abbot when I can. Though creating a recipe that gets close to it is proving a challenge.

Anyway, many thanks to all you stalwarts of this forum for sharing so much good info and experience, it's been a big contributor to my progress (or lack of) in home brewing. It seems there's always something new to learn and my son sent me this link, on a subject I've never come across before, though it's probably old hat to you guys

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...ppy-beer-taste-without-the-exploding-bottles/

Sorry this has been a bit of a rambling intro, but I guess we all have to start somewhere.........

David

Welcome David. Thanks for the article too. I know some of the information conveyed but was very interesting - I've not long started dry-hopping my IPAs :-)

Latest posts

Back