Hello from Halesowen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_K

Reaction score
I’ve recently got back into brewing after a long gap, having brewed a few beers from kits many years ago.

I bought some second hand kit from a guy in Leeds (a Cygnet boiler with a simmerstat, a cooling coil, a couple of 20l stainless pots and a few other bits & pieces). He also threw in a FV and a few books One was “Brew” by James Morton.

I’ve used 3 of the Brew recipes in the 4 batches I’ve done so far (EESB, Totally Tropical Pale & Quaffable Bitter). The other was a Dark Rock, Nelson Sauvin Smash.

Quick question: one of his recipes has Mangrove Jacks M07 yeast, which I cannot seem to find. Has it been discontinued or replaced? Any suggestions for a suitable substitute dried yeast for his Oldy Worldly English IPA?

Cheers

I’ve recently got back into brewing after a long gap, having brewed a few beers from kits many years ago.

I bought some second hand kit from a guy in Leeds (a Cygnet boiler with a simmerstat, a cooling coil, a couple of 20l stainless pots and a few other bits & pieces). He also threw in a FV and a few books One was “Brew” by James Morton.

I’ve used 3 of the Brew recipes in the 4 batches I’ve done so far (EESB, Totally Tropical Pale & Quaffable Bitter). The other was a Dark Rock, Nelson Sauvin Smash.

Quick question: one of his recipes has Mangrove Jacks M07 yeast, which I cannot seem to find. Has it been discontinued or replaced? Any suggestions for a suitable substitute dried yeast for his Oldy Worldly English IPA?

Cheers

Hello from Wolves. Don't know the answer to your first query but think Mangrove Jack's Empire Ale yeast would do the trick.

Hello from Wolves too! Dark Rock is a handy shop, always good to be able to get Nelson sauvin from there, one of my favourite hops.

Hello from Wolves. Don't know the answer to your first query but think Mangrove Jack's Empire Ale yeast would do the trick.

Thanks buddy

My next brew on Friday will be Mad Boris Russian Imperial Stout. I’m planning the Oldy Wordly for a few weeks afterwards. I think I‘ve got a spare packet of Empire, so I’ll try using that.

Quick question: one of his recipes has Mangrove Jacks M07 yeast, which I cannot seem to find. Has it been discontinued or replaced?
looked on a couple of sites and it's either out of stock or says discontinued, M-44 is a good yeast for IPA's IMO but a bit laggy.

Back