Hello from Donegal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @Bosch. I'm not aware of any clubs in the county, but that doesn't mean they're aren't any.

Yes, country and Western is popular in the northern half of the country. My parents generation were big into it. Most of my age group didn't like it at all, but it's gone full circle now and a lot of the younger ones are into it.

Btw, Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon...

mmmmmmmwaaahhhhhh 🤌
I was at it a few times in it's early years. Good fun it was too. Haven't been in about 20 years now. Gerry McAvoy was playing there at the time and did a very good gig in the local theatre. Not sure if he still attends.

As it happens, my wife is a Cork woman who is related to the Gallagher's through Rory's mother Monica. Second cousin to the man himself. They never met though. He was a legend.

Hi @IWasStocious Welcome to the group! I too spent most of my early summers around Dunfanaghy, Port na Blagh Shore Road to be precise in the '80s. Fantastic part of the world! Pier Hotel, Carrig Rua, Arnolds rounds of golf on the Dunfanaghy course and lobster fishing with Jim Moore, bike rides around horn head! Great times!

Good luck with the fancy kit! It'll be a while before I progress to that!🍻

Hi @IWasStocious Welcome to the group! I too spent most of my early summers around Dunfanaghy, Port na Blagh Shore Road to be precise in the '80s. Fantastic part of the world! Pier Hotel, Carrig Rua, Arnolds rounds of golf on the Dunfanaghy course and lobster fishing with Jim Moore, bike rides around horn head! Great times!

Good luck with the fancy kit! It'll be a while before I progress to that!🍻

Thanks Bob! Welcome to you too!

Unfortunately the Carrig Rua and Pier Hotel are both gone now, but Dunfanaghy is still a thriving spot. Don't think I'd fancy cycling up Horn Head. Coming down must have been fun though.

I've got my eighth AG brew in the fermenter at the minute. Glad I made the change to AG. You'll be ready to make the switch yourself in no time, if that's what you want to do.

Back