Hello from Rochester, New York, USA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RITiger1060

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,

I write to you from Rochester, New York, USA. I’ve been a home brewer for the past 7 years. I first started out with a kit, then progressed to extract with grains, partial-mash, then all-grain.

My brewing motto is: Life begins at 60, 1060 that is.

I enjoy drinking and brewing mostly Belgian-style ales; saisons, dubbles, and dark strong ales. Also, enjoy strong malty beers dopplebocks, old ales, barley wines and imperial stouts, and the occasional DIPA.

I’m beginning to transition to brewing more sessionable beers. I brewed my first Special Bitter a few weeks ago, and plan to brew more in the future.

I joined this forum in the hopes of learning more about English-style ales and recipe formulation, and contribute my knowledge and experience with styles I’m most familiar with.

Cheers!

Hi ya & welcome to the forum... :clap: good to see you guys across the pond in the colonies are ok these days. :tongue: :lol:
What's it like in the NY at the moment? looks like your in for a load of snow.

welcome...and we look forward to your help and advise too.....Its a two way thing this special relationship... :D

Thanks all.

Dieseljockey said:
What's it like in the NY at the moment? looks like your in for a load of snow.

Yes, winter is officially here in NY. We received about 12" (30 cm) of snow in the past 24 hours, which has definitely dampened any brewing activities. I took the week off from work with the anticipation of brewing at least once. My two unopened sacks of grain will have to wait for another day :( .

RITiger1060 said:
My two unopened sacks of grain will have to wait for another day :(

Hells bells your going to be busy brewing in the new year....don't forget when you have a brew day it's compulsory on here to post photos... :lol:

Back