Hello you educated lot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkey1230

Reaction score
Well I am introducing myself as someone who once brewed a kit circa 1985 and it turned out OK..... ish
Decades on I felt the urge to re-visit this art again and have gathered the appropriate 'L Plate' tools (courtesy of those fine Australians at the Coopers factory)
I have an Australian Pale Ale in the FV (see i have been reading) with a couple of days to go till bottling using the standard mixes provided with the kit.
My next brew is the Stout which is being prepared based on my time spent reading the forums here.
I have to say "kid in a sweetshop" is the most apt analogy here as I am so excited and can share that 'chomping at the bit' feeling of many others on this forum.
I hope I can learn from you all and that maybe, some time in the distant future (no star wars smiley available) I may be able to help other people in the place I currently sit in become competent brewers
Happy supping (and gargling with a spit if that's your thing?)
Clarkey :drink:

Welcome, never gargle and spit, the bitterness receptors are at the back of the tongue if you don't swallow u can't taste it ;)

oz11 said:
wigwamheed said:
Welcome, never gargle and spit, the bitterness receptors are at the back of the tongue if you don't swallow u can't taste it ;)

The commonly taught "map" of the tongue was proven to be incorrect some years ago: clicky

Hey its a perfectly sound excuse to never split good beer out, I'll stick with it until I get a better excuse

Thanks all for your warm welcome, I will let you know how my first efforts turn out, the Stout is starting this weekend as pale ale goes to bottle. I will be using 500g dark spray malt, 500g brewing sugar and 200ml of dark syrup filling to 20l. Fingers crossed. :pray:

Back