Hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey brewers,
I joined here back in 2009 but didn't really post much. Ended up posting on JBK pretty much exclusively and just sticking with that. A few kids later, and I'm ready to start connecting with other brewers again. Pretty quiet over on JBK these days. This place looks pretty busy and exciting so I thought I'd pop back in and say hello! I'm guessing there must be a few old heads from JBK here too? If so, hello!

I'm currently fermenting a pale (Galaxy / Eldorado), a wee heavy, a barley wine (dosed with brett) and a big chocolate / vanilla / scorched honeycomb pastry stout. Oh, and a honey and elderflower fizzy wine that I brewed back in June. Our annual xmas tipple.

I brew on a single vessel system that I designed and built myself. Current project is a 10L mini pressure keg that I converted from a garden pressure sprayer. I'll do a post when it's finished in case anyone is interested.

My other passion is low and slow US style bbq. Just bought my first offset and having a lot of fun with that. :-)

Well, that's me in a nutshell!

Floyd

Hello Floyd and welcome back from a relative newbie (eary 2019). Yeah this is a great forum with some lively discussions going on in the snug, too. I dabble with JBK from time to time and it has become a bit fossilised, but there's some good stuff on there. I find the format annoying though. No idea what an "offset" is, but recently bought a cast iron Dutch oven which I haven't had the opportunity to use yet. What's your favourite recipe?
Edit: For beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi An Ankou,

This is what an off set smoker is: Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe Smoker

As for favourite beer recipe, that's a tough one. I've been really getting into big pastry stouts and barley wines recently. I have a delicious TT Landlord clone on tap at the min - bought it as a kit from the MaltMiller. Absolutely delicious. I'll defs be brewing it again as soon as it runs out. What about yourself? WHat do you like to brew?

Floyd

Hi An Ankou,

This is what an off set smoker is: Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe Smoker

As for favourite beer recipe, that's a tough one. I've been really getting into big pastry stouts and barley wines recently. I have a delicious TT Landlord clone on tap at the min - bought it as a kit from the MaltMiller. Absolutely delicious. I'll defs be brewing it again as soon as it runs out. What about yourself? WHat do you like to brew?

Floyd
Thanks. It looks a bit like Stephenson's Rocket. Is this for what they call "hot smoking". I'm very fond of smoked fish, whether it be salmon or mackerel or whatever. Rauchbier is also one of my favourites.

1666692841258.png

Welcome Back Floyd.
cheers:

Check out our foodie's forum i am sure members will be interested in the smoker.

Thanks. It looks a bit like Stephenson's Rocket. Is this for what they call "hot smoking". I'm very fond of smoked fish, whether it be salmon or mackerel or whatever. Rauchbier is also one of my favourites.

View attachment 76841
It does indeed! :-) Yep - hot smoking. But still pretty low temps - so around 105c -130c is pretty standard. Yep - I love smoked salmon. Not a huge fan of smokey beers, though!

Latest posts

Back