Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi eveyone,

I'm new to the forum as a registered user, but have used the posts in the past and gained a lot of useful information from here, for which many thanks!

I'm a novice, and have done a few kit brews now:
  • Young's Harvest Yorkshire Bitter - When I drank this after ~3 weeks in bottle, I thought it was not very good, so left it in the cupboard and forgot about it. One day when I had nothing else in stock, I cracked one open to find it was pretty darn good. This is where I learnt that patience is a good quality. I used light spraymalt instead of dextrose for this one, on the advice of my local homebrew shop owner - it seems that was a good shout.
  • Courage directors - the first ever beer I tried back when I was 12 (just a sip, honest). I used 2 mini kegs for this and bottled the rest, which worked well as it was my Christmas brew.
  • Woodfordes Bure Gold - this was delightful for the summer and went far too quickly.
  • Woodfordes Nog - I may have done something wrong with this one, as it wasn't as nice as I had expected.
  • Woodefordes Wherry - I got this for free after the Woodfordes Nog kit had a Golden Ticket in it athumb.. Currently in bottles conditioning.
  • Festival Landlord's best - currently fermenting, to be put in my new pressure barrel.
I have a couple more kits ready to go in order to have a good variety in stock for the rest of the year. I went for a year and a half without brewing after doing the Nog, so I need to build up my supply. I just need to make sure I have enough bottles...

Anyhows, happy brewing!

Latest posts

Back