Hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Reaction score
Hello Home Brew people, just a quick hello to introduce myself. My name is Matthew, I am British but have lived in Thailand for 15 years. I am a complete newbie with brewing - at this stage, I know absolutely nothing about it - but over the years whenever I have had a go at something totally new, I have usually embraced the help of forums to guide me through and help out wherever possible. It always amazes me how readily most people on various forums are willing to spare some time to help a clueless newbie asking irritatingly basic questions, and I appreciate it very much.

Im hoping to get into brewing cider. I want to start from home and get the core basics right and eventually, with a lot of luck on my side, turn it into a commercial venture selling canned and bottled cider regionally here in Thailand. There are a few craft brew beers coming onto the market in Thailand at the moment but nothing in the way of ciders just yet.

Maybe one day who knows I could even develop an actual brand here in Thailand and run a credible business a few years from now. There are many things that can wrong before that happens however and I appreciate the chances of doing anything more than hobby level brewing are very slim, but there is always hope. My internet based business of 12 years has come to an end and after years of slaving behind a laptop, I am determined to start a new business that I can be genuinely passionate about and enjoy. If I don't try, I will always regret it!

Thanks for having me

Best

Matthew

Hi Batty, and welcome. What will you make your cider from? Does Thailand have extensive orchards or will you import concentrate?

Hello Batty, passionate about Cider, that's something I can relate to. Welcome to the forum. Happy brewing :cheers3:

you could always use a cider yeast and use whatever fruit juice is readily available there. My last brew was a nice pinapple & mango with MJ's cider yeast.

Back