Hello from Norwich

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sven

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I’ve just returned to home brewing after a break of about 15 years, I spent 20 years brewing kits back in the 80’s-90’s (Boots, Geordie, Tom caxton, etc), then the kids came along & I never had the time! Started again about a year ago & have made a dozen kits in as many months. I must say that the kits & the equipment seems to have improved significantly over the intervening years. On the whole, I’ve been very impressed with the quality & flavour of what I’ve produced in the last year. Have already gathered much info from this site & have a couple of questions to ask - which i’ll do in the appropriate section.
I live near to Norwich, Norfolk…..which is conveniently close (2.5 miles) from Woodforde’s brewery, so not surprisingly I’ve made Wherry & Bure gold kits already and also have a Nog (a favourite of mine) to make. Also St.Peters brewery is quite local (15 miles) so have also made them….currently supping on their Honey Porter as i write this.
Cheers 🍺
Sven

Welcome back quite a few stop brewing when kids come along and restart decades after. I too did the Boots Kits in the early 80's then stopped and restarted in 2010ish.
Now AG after a couple of years on the newer kits which have improved massively and excellent for short of time brewers

Hi Sven,
Welcome to THBF.
There's an active homebrew scene in Norwich, with Norwich Amateur Brewers. We meet regularly, hold a range of events and generally have fun brewing the best beer we can. If you are interested, join our FB group.

Cheers

Martin

Latest posts

Back