HELP! I've lost the brewing mojo!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puravida

Landlord.
Reaction score
Been super busy the past few months and completely lost the homebrew mojo.
I've got what should have been an amazing super hopped white pale ale still sitting on the primary after almost 2 months. I put so much love into that brew!!!
My shed of cornies is looking unkempt and I've not looked at my brewpot for 2 months.

Help me!! Kick start me back please!

For everyday you do not brew YOU must supply me a full rack of ribs with your sauce on them :thumb:

Have you run out of beer yet as that usually compels me to brew. Or is it that you have lost your beer Mojo perhaps? :eek: :eek:

I know what it is like to lose your mojo, I have lost my work mojo, self employed and not got much work in.

I haven't brewed for a few months but I have got quite a bit of beer and cider in but i am desperate to brew, but also short of time before I go away. I might sneak in a brew on friday with an overnight mash on thursday to shorten the time. When I come back of holiday I want to do a two day back to back brew again with an overnight mash.

Just need to start on getting the work mojo back before we starve :lol: :lol: :lol: .

ive got enough brewing mojo to share lol, if its not nailed down i'm thinking about fermenting it lol must be because ive just started, everyone at work is sick of hearing about it, just start thinking of a brand new recipe that'll blow you're socks off and i'm sure you'll get it back :thumb:

adding to what alawlor66430 said , try getting some totally new liquid yeasts that you haven't tried and maybe some specialty grains that you also haven't used yet or much

Go to the pub, better still a food chain pub that isn't really bout beer but does hand pull,Mohave something standard like Greene king IPA and you'll know you can do better - hey presto mojo jojo

I had 2 bottles of Greene king IPA last night and 2 bottles of Thwaits IPA, the thwaits is by far the better drink but my Nelsons revenge (not an IPA) was a far superior drink.

If im honest i've been drinking supermarket real ales mainly Bombardier/Directors and Thwaits IPA and it has dulled my desire to brew.
I still have an Admirals Reserve in the FV after some 2 months and it desperately needs bottling but as i have been dring the mass produced stuff i have not bothered.

My outlook on brewing now is drink less and brew more, what i mean is im now as of today going to brew more to build up a stock and only drink on one night of the week. :rofl:

Think of it as an addition to to everything else summery, BBQ'ing (etc) and as said previously aim to brew something with speciality grains and lay it down for distant future consumption rather than to just guzzle although enjoyably on a regular basis.
Even if you've lost your appetite for the brown stuff at the moment i can guarentee it will return very soon only to be greeted with an empty cellar with the only option to sate your appetite being the Supermarket :sick:

Juust a thought ;)

Andy

Mojo comes from within...

Take a deep breath.

Remember how **** the summer's been so far.

Think of that Indian Summer we're due at the back end of August and through September to compensate.

Then imagine supping through the frothy head on a freshly poured pale, just as the barbeque comes up to grilling temperature...

Your mojo should be around there somewhere. :thumb:

take up Origami................

after a few weeks your brewing mojo will return. Mine went missing for 20 years but didn't completely fade away ( like a residual yeast ! ) :party:

I went through a similar slump,

I had a Cornie of cider, one of ale for an allotment BBQ and one of an American larger.

I had enough to keep me going until the BBQ 3 weeks ago so I stopped, then when I completely ran out, (people at the allotment apparently enjoy a free home brew better than I expected so they supped the lot!), I just could not been bothered to get another brew on.

After a week of paying a fortune for supermarket inferior beer I got an AG brew on

I remembered why I enjoy the process so much.

The other impetus is that i have now got to wait 2 weeks in the FV then at least another 3 conditioning before I can sup it! (yeah i know i should wait longer but I can’t/wont!!)

So now i have 3 FV full waiting to be transferred and a shed load off bottles ready so I can get another brew on as soon as the first is out of the FV.

Get started again you will remember the fun and mojo will be back!

...and when you do get back on it, we want a full brewday report with pictures and everything.

And a beer which you must call "Mojo Puravida"...

I work on the only advantage of this cooler weather is that it's pretty perfect for brewing.. :thumb:

Oh that and I like beer, a lot

Mojo Puravida is ON!!!!! :cool:
Thanks for the spiritual guidance folks - I'm mashing in right now!!!!!

I thought that perhaps you were a lost cause or at least lost to the cause.

Thank goodness for that.

However for putting your faith into dispute I think you need to do 20 beer mary's followed by a few pints of you finest ale.

:thumb: :cheers:

Back