Thanks everyone!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Raven Brewery

Reaction score
Hey,

So I don't post often, life gets in the way, but I browse when I can and get a lot of help when needed.

I've been a bit busy recently and had a really bad outcome from my last brew and it kicked my confidence a little. What was worse is it's something I've brewed a few times now and it usually comes out great so it left me wanting to take a bit of a mini break. Plus I don't have anything to send to large than life now 🤦‍♂️

However, I ended up sending a couple of bottles of my Belgian Blonde that I brewed at the end of last year to the national Homebrew Comp and expected maybe a 20-25 mark and managed to get a 38! It gave me a massive boost!

I then realised that 38 is in large part down to all the info and help I've found here.

So to sum up I just wanted to say thank you for all the help! It's invaluable and so appreciated! 🤘

More than one view to most brewing issues, sometimes it's another way of doing it but sometimes it's a urban myth, new process that hasn't got enough evidence behind it or sometimes it is a over exaggerated claim made by somebody who has been given a item/yeast/chemical for free and they do not give unbiased reports.
So as Tess has said read them all and read between the lines on certain subjects- just as a example different approaches on Dry Hopping, Boil Times etc

Yeah I love learning and have been 100% hyperfixated on brewing for a while now so it's been great. I drive a fair bit for work so usually have podcasts on about it and then back things up by looking here.

Going to get my next brew on this weekend hopefully. An international amber Lager. Can't wait.

Agree. I have found this forum so helpful and I have solved issues with others' help. You do have to be a bit careful not to get bamboozled by the conflicting bits of detail sometimes. The key is to selectively browse the advice and refine the process that works for you. I have gone from making kits with varying success, through extract brews and now all grain using the BIAB method. I have just made a Brugse Zot clone which my partner swears is as good as the commercial version. There's praise indeed.

The more you come on the more you learn. I'm a little bit obsessed with learning stuff, hence my title 😂

Common sense prevails though sometimes, so don't just blindly follow other people.
100% agree. I’ve learned so much from this forum over the years, I wouldn’t be using the equipment or the methods I do now if it wasn’t for the advice from these good people.

Back