Help me get more gas!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's what I go with
DSC00256.jpg

:lol:

A slightly clearer picture
DSC00258.jpg

Thats 10" of 5/8" beer line from the disconnect to a 5/8 to 3/16 reducer and 4 feet of 3/16 beer line to a 5/8 to 3/16 reducer then another 10 inches of 5/8 beer line to the tap.
With the regulator set to 5psi I find that I don't need to use the flow control on my taps :party:

There's your problem ;)
Add another 4 to 5 feet of 3/16th beer line, the pressure drop that this will cause will allow the gas to stay in solution and not come out as froth in your glass :thumb:

jamesb said:
Beer Hog said:
Might invest in a Cornelius Keg too.

That's probably not a good idea.
They really need to come in pairs.

Ok can you advise then please, i have seen other larger brews being produced in just one corny keg.

Surely the Corny is better than the Plastic barrel keg??

Your advice is appreciated.

I think that was a joke ;) I think JamesB was referring to the fact that cornies get lonely and need another one (or more) to keep them company. Others believe that no matter how many you have, they seem to multiply all by themselves (stealing your notes at the same time).

cheers tubby for all your help i will try your method and :rofl: about the cornies getting lonely i bought mine as a pair in the end thinkin its a shame to seperate them or was it so i can have more beer hmmmmm :wha: startin on my first AG tomorrow :drunk:

:clap: I have ordered a Cornie this morning so looking forward to receiving it, when the postal strikes are over that is.

Beer Hog said:
:clap: I have ordered a Cornie this morning so looking forward to receiving it, when the postal strikes are over that is.
If you ordered from Norm, the Post office aren't involved :party:

Would the same principle apply to a pressure barrell as well if you attached a length of beer tubing in some way to the tap on the barrell and then to a tap on the other end?

Latest posts

Back