Help me spend my money.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattjazz2000

Reaction score
I've got £100 xmas money burning a hole in my pocket but I don't know what to get.It's also my b/day in a couple of months so I'll hopefully have another £150 to add to my brewery fund. So what would you buy to add to my setup?

My setup is.
Burco Boiler
Mash Tun
Sparge Arm
2 King Kegs
Bottles etc.
Wort Chiller

Click on the “Links” button at the very top left, and then see the second link in the listings.

Norman is the bloke to contact for all your Cornelius requirements. He sometimes sells pairs of kegs on ebay, but I believe you also get disconnects for the price in that listing you've given.

I think UP may have been referring to your having “Christmas money”, but I had some money from my mother and I'm 53, so I don't get the age assumption either.

what do you use as a fermenting vessel btw?

I use a straight forward 25l fermenting bin, but I quite like the idea of the conical bins.

Your never to old for a bit of christmas/birthday money are you? :grin:

Edit : Just rung the fella about the kegs and they don't have the disconnects, still a good price though I think.

I thought UP was referring to the "2000" in your username, thus making you 11/12 years old. And no that doesnt mean I am 1,010 years old either!!

The disconnects will cost you around £20 for a pair. As said previously Norm's kegs come with disconnects and some line to connect to a regulator. Drop him an e-mail and see what his prices are (I believe he does some cheaper kegs which are slightly more used but work perfectly well, may just be dented or scratched etc). I'm can't remember if he gives discounts to forum members but its worth a mention. In my (and I believe many others) experience, his service is second to none.

You will also need to consider how easily you can get your hands on CO2 - bottle and refils.

These are what you need. Unless you buy a cornie with pin lock posts in which case you will need these. Pin lock cornies are a lot less common, mine are all ball locks.

Latest posts

Back