Help with Mangrove Jack Berliner weisse

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish1759

Reaction score
Hi guys just pick up the raspberry Berliner weisse from mangrove jack's. Still pretty new to home Brewing so looking for some advice. Says to brew with 600g of dextrose or brew enhancer. I have both at hand with the enchanter 50/50 with dextrose and spraymalt.
It's is a low ABV kit, but would the enchancer give the same ABV as just the dextrose.

Also if I just went with a Kilo of the enchancer to push the ABV up, would it mess up the flavours of the kit.

Update on this ended up with just dextrose, weight out just over 650g. Must say it was amazing, lovely and clear with nice red pink colour. Smells great, had some rare sun in Ireland last week and went down a treat. Would definitely brew again.

Next time I'll use a enhancer of some sort, may 300g each of DME and sugar and maybe 200g of maltodextrin.

Was nice Sunny day again today, and enjoyed couple in the garden after dinner.

Next time I'll use a enhancer of some sort, may 300g each of DME and sugar and maybe 200g of maltodextrin.

Was nice Sunny day again today, and enjoyed couple in the garden after dinner.
Thanks for your post. I’m looking to try something different and was just reading your post. I’ll give this a try. I too am in Ireland, based in Navan and had a few homebrews in the back garden on Saturday with a BBQ. I’ve done a few of the Mangrove Jacks kits and all have been great. I currently have a good supply of Muntons Hazy IPA, Midas Touch and a Coopers Canadian Blonde which I pimped with Mosaic and Citra Hops. My first full extract kit which is a Citra IPA will be ready in 2 weeks time. My extended family are staying over for a BBQ on the June Bank Holiday weekend, so they will do a lot of damage to my stash then. Need to get brewing again.

Haven't tried the Muntons hazy IPA yet, has always been out of stock but heard it's really good. Have the Mangrove Jack's Juicy IPA on at the moment, and recently finished The festival new Zealand Pilsner, another great kit

Haven't tried the Muntons hazy IPA yet, has always been out of stock but heard it's really good. Have the Mangrove Jack's Juicy IPA on at the moment, and recently finished The festival new Zealand Pilsner, another great kit
Juicy IPA was amazing the first time, a little less so the second time. But both times I did the Pink Grapefruit IPA they were fantastic. If you have not tried it yet give the Pink Grapefruit IPA a go.

Back