Helpppp please guys!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
Just went to fit my gas disconnect to the Corny post and it didn't fit all the way down and is jammed on the post, I now cant get it off and beer is seeping from the bottom of the disconnect, how can I get this off, any ideas? Don't want to lose my beer in the corny though!!

stee41 said:
Just went to fit my gas disconnect to the Corny post and it didn't fit all the way down and is jammed on the post, I now cant get it off and beer is seeping from the bottom of the disconnect, how can I get this off, any ideas? Don't want to lose my beer in the corny though!!

Sounds like you might have put the gas disconnect on the beer out post by accident. I've done this a few times; the post are slightlty different so the disconnects will only fit on the correct one properly. They do get stuck, I cant remember exactly how to get it off, but it involves a lot of tugging and a bit of twisting.

Big bowl of wheaty bangs and brute force. . .you might be able to lever it off with a big screwdriver

to stop your beer leaking out let off the gas pressure then re pressurise once you have freed the post :thumb:

Got it off , levered with an open ended spanner! what a swine, thought I had it on the wrong post at first!!

definately on the correct posts, I cleaned up as much as possible and tried again! same problem, I had another out disconnect but it was an origanal cornie part with the metal spring clicp, fitted straight on, problem solved, must've been a dodgy disconnects! hmmm!

Usually under the influence I do it quite often :oops:

I found a tap spanner is great for removing them, one of these is always top of my spanner box
tap.gif

Latest posts

Back