Hey from Doncaster

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faley2012

Reaction score
Hey fellow homebrewers,

I decided to take up homebrew and have just brewed my first two lagers ready to drink! I look forward to experimenting with all different lagers, one in particular is raspberry flavoured lager. Would this be challenging to a beginner?

Thanks guys!

hi and welcome , you can make raspberry lager by chucking in a load of raspberries into you FV alone with your normal lager kit brew and leave for at least 10 days , best to freeze raspberries first then defrost em , it helps with braking them down :cheers:

Without sounding a little silly, by FV you mean my fermenting tub? (Signs of a beginner!) Also should i freeze the raspberries and place them in the tub whilst frozen to defrost or defrost them before placing them in? :D

High there Faley and welcome to the forum.

Your right mate, the FV is the fermenting tub. Freeze the fruit overnight and just defrost them in a bowl or something similar until nearly at room temperature. The advice Pittsy gave is spot on with regards to the fruit structure breaking down into a nice mush. This also works great with rhubarb.

Cheers Neil

Ah right I see, the next batch I make i think i might give it a whirl! Will the raspberries (after defrosted at room temp.) just need adding to the fermenting tub when the mixture is made before sealing the lid? Then binning them when barreling the lager?

Thanks
Michael

give your brew about 3 days without fruit first then chuck em in and after around 5 or more days check with a hydrometer and if at a constant reading for 2 days running your brew is done , then if you have a 2nd FV (fermenting vessel) transfer brew leaving behind fruit and allow brew to settle for a day or 2 then bottle or keg brew . :D

oh right ok, so dont leave them in for all of the fermantation?

Also how many raspberries would you suggest to a 23 litre fv? :D

Latest posts

Back