Hi Brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarquinius

Reaction score
Hello!!! Novice here!! Just made a Samson's West Country Cider!! I'm a little disappointed with the lack of fruity sharpness in taste but it's certainly drinkable with good alcohol content!
Think I might try a stout next!! :drink:

Thanks! I've just read the review of the Coopers Stout and it sounds good!!
Did you add anything extra to the mix when you made yours? The reviewer calumscott added black treacle and spraymalt although I'm not sure what that is?

I havnt made it myself but have tried a couple of other peoples. One was with coopers brew enhancer and one with a kilo of dark dme (dried malt extract) the second was primed with dark treacle. Both were really lovely but i preffered the second, a really full bodied stout.

Hi and welcome from another newbie.

Have to agree the stout is extremly tasty and far too easy drunk
:drink:

My Coopers Stout is into day 6 in the bottle too young to drink really.......... :nono: :nono:

but I had a taste... :oops:

Made as per kit but with half kilo of beer enhancer and half kilo of dark spray malt instead of the 1 kilo of household sugar, its going to be a lovely stout ! plenty of head and carbonation clear and dark with a real Stout taste.
Added to my list of " will make again " brews.

edit beer enhancer and spray malts are available and common in any dedicated home brew shop

Well that's decided!! Going to start the Coopers Stout tomorrow!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Also.... having a drink of my Samson's Cider. It's much better tonight than two days ago!!! :D Think I may have been hasty unless there's some variation from bottle to bottle!!

Back