Hi everyone - yet another newbie!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsteve1911

Reaction score
hi guys & girls,

Steve here from sunny Yorkshire :) Bought myself a "Make your own wine" kit from The Range last week - seems a bit TOO simple, but so far so good. Unfortunately, I've also found the forum which means I'm now dying to try all these different types of wine!!

Obviously I have to take it slowly to begin with, and I'm already learning - and discovering little problems with the kit I bought!! For instance, you get a fermentation bucket and an 18" stirrer. Initially you sterilise the stirrer in the bucket - but now my bucket is full of cloudy smelly stuff, how do I sterlise an 18" spoon in a 15" sink?!!!! And why did I wait till now to discover I have nowhere near 30 mine bottles?!!

For my first go, will recycled screw-tops be ok? I'm not expecting the wine to stick around too long anyway.

Cheers :cheers:

Steve

Cheers Colin,

I figured I'd use screw tops till I've got myself sorted and bought corking kit etc. Had a little taste last night and amazingly it seems promising :)

Fingers crossed....

S

Welcome Steve. I'm sure your first wine will be fine.. Don't worry and get a dollop of patience. Your going to need it. :D Oh and screw tops are the ONLY way to go. Cheaper, and easy to get. I have only ever used screw tops and never had a problem.

hi mate im john from radcliffe manchester and i am just starting out aswell hi to everyone

Back