Hi from the high country.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eskdale

Reaction score
A few years brewing worked for two years in a brewery in Collingwood in the inner city of Melbourne, now living in a little hamlet in the north of Victoria.
Looking forward to sharing experiences of home brewing and other hobbies.
Emma

Greetings Emma, you'r in a beautiful part of the state, a bit chilly in winter though. Which brewery did you work at?
Hi Foxy, I was a waitress at Stomping Ground in Collingwood, after some pleading with management I transfered to the brewery. Just the smell of the mash and the hops aroused my interest. Unfortunately with the drug use in the area and being a mum of 2 young children I have come back to my roots.

Hi Foxy, I was a waitress at Stomping Ground in Collingwood, after some pleading with management I transfered to the brewery. Just the smell of the mash and the hops aroused my interest. Unfortunately with the drug use in the area and being a mum of 2 young children I have come back to my roots.
Stomping Ground have opened a third brewery in Moorabbin not far from me, haven't been there yet but went to the one in Collingwood a few times. Managed to get a private tour with the head brewer on the first visit. That was before they charged for the tour. Not been since lockdown.
Only been to Eskdale once years ago that was for the fishing, stayed at the pub, it was a bit rundown to what it it now. A few of the locals owned it.

Stomping Ground have opened a third brewery in Moorabbin not far from me, haven't been there yet but went to the one in Collingwood a few times. Managed to get a private tour with the head brewer on the first visit. That was before they charged for the tour. Not been since lockdown.
Only been to Eskdale once years ago that was for the fishing, stayed at the pub, it was a bit rundown to what it it now. A few of the locals owned it.
The fishing is the best.athumb.. I go out of my back door onto Snowy Creek, wet a line yesterday and got 5 pan size Rainbows. I often walk across the paddock to the Mitta Mitta river for a fish, have had some nice Browns & English Perch over a kilo, and the occasional Golden Perch.
I did know they were opening another brew pub haven't seen it.
Emma

Greetings, Emma. And welcome. What beers do you like brewing and what kind of setup are you using?
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Greetings, Emma. And welcome. What beers do you like brewing and what kind of setup are you using?
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Thanks An Ankou. I am not a big beer drinker, just moderate, but my beers are, 1st American IPA. American Amber, proud of this one as it was put on tap at the brewery. Porter and Stout I also love. I have the 40 litre Guten my spent grains either go to my chickens or into the moon shine.
It gets very cold here in the winter nothing better to sit outside in front of a fire pit with a stout or porter when the kids are in bed. Very isolated, so clear winter nights the sky is full of stars.
Emma

Last edited:
Thanks An Ankou. I am not a big beer drinker, just moderate, but my beers are, 1st American IPA. American Amber, proud of this one as it was put on tap at The Stomping Ground. Porter and Stout I also love. I have the 40 litre Guten my spent grains either go to my chickens or into the moon shine.
It gets very cold here in the winter nothing better to sit outside in front of a fire pit with a stout or porter when the kids are in bed. Very isolated, so clear winter nights the sky is full of stars.
Emma
Sounds like a great range of tastes. Love a good porter myself, in fact I was just on my way to the garage to make up the malt bill for an attempt at Bert Grants Perfect Porter when i saw your post. I used to live not far from Geelong, but that was many decades ago. Now that I'm out of the rat race we've retired to Brittany where we also get freezing cold nights followed by glorious sunshine during the day. Fully agree with you about swigging good ale sat around a blazing fire.
cheers:

Latest posts

Back