Highlands Deliveries Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisD123

Reaction score
I used to use Brew store in Edinburgh for ingredients etc...really good service and reasonable delivery charges and free with orders over 60 quid.
These have now ceased having been taken over...are there any other suppliers that dont incur ridiculous charges for postage to highlands..
Thanks

Brilliant thanks for that...wasbeginning to get worried about costs under the current climate...

I used to use Brew store in Edinburgh for ingredients etc...really good service and reasonable delivery charges and free with orders over 60 quid.
These have now ceased having been taken over...are there any other suppliers that dont incur ridiculous charges for postage to highlands..
Thanks

The homebrew company have a standard delivery charge (£7.95) and you're not penalised for living in the Highlands

It is fairly frustrating and of course no proper homebrew stores around.

cheers...really annoying, there are some places in inverness that do kits and bits and bobs but i find them pricey and limited...i like to buy grains etc in bigger quantities ie 30kg at a time with hops and yeasts etc...so need to buy on online...now have some options so thanks all

cheers...really annoying, there are some places in inverness that do kits and bits and bobs but i find them pricey and limited...i like to buy grains etc in bigger quantities ie 30kg at a time with hops and yeasts etc...so need to buy on online...now have some options so thanks all
The only place I know of that sells grain is Farm and Household Stores and they've only got a very limited supply of precrushed grain. And who knows how long that's been hanging around!

I wonder if it's possible to buy sacks or grain from the Black Isle brewing company?
There is also a maltings on the Longman Estate, but I don't know if they sell direct to the public and even if they do I suspect their malt is for whiskey

yeah thats the place i was talking about...even the kits are out of date sometimes...as for the malt and hops...i wouldnt go there..its okay for fermenters etc but i wouldnt touch ingredients to be fair. I tried Black isle brewery and the maltings but they never bothered replying, it was during the main lockdown.though...may give them another shout...there is also a brewery at Cromarty...whereabouts are you and do you go the all grain route...

yeah thats the place i was talking about...even the kits are out of date sometimes...as for the malt and hops...i wouldnt go there..its okay for fermenters etc but i wouldnt touch ingredients to be fair. I tried Black isle brewery and the maltings but they never bothered replying, it was during the main lockdown.though...may give them another shout...there is also a brewery at Cromarty...whereabouts are you and do you go the all grain route...

Yeah I buy plastic buckets and bottle caps from there.... and that's about it.

Shame about not getting malt from either of those places.

I'm in Ness Castle and yup, I brew all grain
Where are you located?

Back