Hog Norsk queries

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm reading some good stuff about this yeast, and I'm planning to use it in a stout I've just brewed

A couple of questions for y'all.

It looks like it finishes comparatively quick:

1. Do you still have to let it 'clear up' for the requisite two weeks or can you shorten that period by the amount of days that you have saved?
2. I'm plannning on fermenting about 25c. During the clearing up phase, do you still have to keep the temp up or can I let it drop to something more usual, say 19c?

Cheers

Ah...this jogged my memory..the beer was a Tribute clone but according to my notes the beer was nothing like Tribute! So it sounds like the yeast changed the final outcome. No off tastes recorded and I drank it all...

This was (or appeared to be) down to FG in about three days at 23c. I've taken it down to 21c if for no other reason than to save a bit of leccy. I will probably be bottling this weekend unless I get the urge to do it this week.

Super active and top cropped loads, so it looks like I will be able to use this bad boy again for nowt.

Attachments

• 20211201_075555.jpg
    20211201_075555.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211201_075542.jpg
    20211201_075542.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back