Holiday near York

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Im on Holiday next week. One night in a Hotel in York then 4 days in a Lake side cabin near Pocklington. Anyone recommend any Pubs in that area for food and good beer.

Dont know about pubs but there is a good wine/beer shop in Pocklington. There are a few pubs on the main street but as they didnt appear to be family friendly I didnt get a chance to visit any.

We have stayed at Yellowtop Country Park a couple of times which isnt far from there.

Centre of York has lots of pubs. When we went there we arranged to meet a very old friend who was living just out side York. He promised me a big pub crawl but we only got as far as the second one before he met people he new and we ended up staying there. The Maltings is the only name I remember. York brewery beers are very good and the brewery tour is worth a go. At the end had a few pints in the tap and about an hour talking to the head brewer. Have a good one Mick.

You should definitely check out the york brewery pubs, would either go for the yorkshire terrier or the three legged mare. The maltings near the station usually has a good selection of beers. The blue bell is also a nice place fairly small and cosy. If you do make it to the terrier then its probably worth having a look in The house of trembling madness which is about a minute away, nice sort of medieval bar upstairs with a bottle shop below, and the food is pretty good to. Then after that :hmm: pivni, snickleway inn, black swan, golden fleece, oh and nearly forgot if its sunny then the kings arms on riverside is ok sam smiths brewery so no real ale but nice to sit outside. Anyway have fun, hopefully i'll be frequenting a few of the above places on friday evening :cheers:

Back