Home brew virgin says Hi from Derby.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpy1

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents, after talking to a colleague about home brew wine and then trying a sample of his hard work, I have decided to take the plunge and have a go at making some wine myself.

I have never tried any form of home brew before and I’m hoping to purchase equipment next week, at the moment I’m only looking at using the reasonable quality wine kits that are available. Looking through the forums the last few days it’s clearly evident that there is a wealth of knowledge and experience so hopefully I can get a few bottles of drinkable plonk for me the wife to enjoy.

Any hints, tips or nuggets of knowledge will be warmly received.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

I started on the cheaper end wine kits and enjoyed them so much we never tried the more expensive ones we then moved on to making our own from supermarket juice and never looked back.

Have a look http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

Some of those recipes sound really interesting, I’m going to have to try some of those to satisfy my curiosity now. Thank you for the welcome.

HI and welcome. I make a lot of wine from kits and find for my taste i spend around the £30 mark for whites and rose and more on reds. I find the cheaper reds are a bit like alchoholic ribena. My advice is go for it and enjoy. I have never done anything completely undrinkable. As you have said lots of helpfull people on here. Good luck

Latest posts

Back