Home Brew Virgin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maysie

Regular.
Reaction score
Good Morning All
I have just had the text from Parcelforce telling me that my new Home Brew Kits (2No) are soon to be delivered, so I am now very excited about their arrival and cant wait to get started. I thought it was about time that I introduced myself and stopped lurking in the background.

I have NEVER brewed my own beer before, so the forum has been a great source of information so far. I already fancy making a brew-fridge (as my house if always cold due to stone floors and lots of drafts). I think my first major hurdles to overcome will be keeping the brew warm enough during the fermentation and maintaining my patience while I wait for the first batch to become ready!

I have been toying with the idea of beer making for a long while now, but somehow have just never got around to it. Having had a few conversations lately with friends and neighbours, it seems like I am one of the few who don't brew! So earlier this week I purchased two of the Wherry kits (with barrels) and a a St Peters Stout and St Peters Golden Ale too (I am from Suffolk so it seemed appropriate to stay local with the first brews). I will probably do the St Peters kits first, followed by the Wherry kits - although I am not sure yet.

Anyway, hello to all, thanks for the vast amount I have already learned and cheers to the start of a (hopefully) successful home brew career! :cheers:

Hello! i'm new too but thought I'd chime in with some advice on the 'keeping the brew warm' situation.

Check out this ebay item 321247157794 I bought one for my first brew and must say, couldn't be happier with the results and a fraction of the cost of a home brew immersion heater.

Happy brewing!

Latest posts

Back