Home nano brewery project from scratch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Born again brewer
Reaction score
Well I've just joined, and to be honest I'm a born again brewer. 19 years ago I joined the army, and had to stop brewing after an incident where a dhemijohn of mead I was making caused a lot of mess hidden away at the back of my locker.

So now I'm finding my feet and making the cupboard under my stairs into a brewery. It's just the first stages of its build, but it was suggested I post something in this section. So here's what I've pulled together so far...

Well to begin with I've put a small worktop in to give me some area to do my thing. The cupboards just off the kitchen, so access to water, heat and other useful stuff is to hand.

The worktops been fitted in today. The fridge (freebie) is awaiting its STC1000, there's a greenhouse tube heater fitted to a shelf inside to make up my ferment cabinet.

It gives enough room for one person to work stood up, and that's about it, and enough room for a couple of brews to go on simultaneously.

Cost so far £5 on a bit of worktop off cut at b&q, about £25 for the temp control and heating gear on the fridge

That is a tidy under stairs cupboard, mine has unfortunately become the main store room of the house and you couldn't swing a cat in there.

Looks good. Somewhere to keep your FV's close at hand but out of the way. There's a lot of cleaning, sanitising, stirring, siphoning, stuff you pick up. I like to keep this TOTALLY separate from the rest of the household. Otherwise it all gets nicked. Best wishes for your brews.

Well it's still very much the work in progress, but now I've put the worktop in place, it's becoming easier to see what I'm aiming for. And yes I'll still need to accommodate Henry Hoover etc but I can have a quiet place to do my thing.

Back