Hop and Grape immersion chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanUK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just bought this chiller and need to connect it to a hose pipe. I know I could put the hose in boiling water and force it on but in going to be doing my brews at my mother in law's house, so don't want to cause any damage.

Does anyone know the correct adapter I would need to connect the input to a standard hosepipe?

Thanks

It did come with a few metres of pipe but I haven't been able to attach it directly without damaging it.

I recently bought one. The hose that came with it (yellow) fit onto the larger end of the chiller pipe once I'd soaked the hose in boiling water for 20 seconds to soften it up.

If the outlet pipe is just plain 15mm copper you can get a 15mm-15mm straight compression fitting. Put one end on the outlet and then buy a B+Q own brand "hoselock" connector with the insert and this will screw directly onto the thread on the other end of the compression fitting. A bit of PTFE tape helps keep it leak free. Should sort you out for less then a fiver.

Latest posts

Back