Hop Raffle win (a warning from members)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated hop price list and stock
***2018 ****hops all T90 hop pellets guaranteed smelliest freshest out there !! Prices include postage and weighed up into 500g bags so u can mix n match if u like all nitro flushed vac sealed bags !

And we have some new arrivals !! ooooosh
Price per kilo

Cashmere £47....2018! *new in* galaxy substitute !!
Columbus £30...2018 ! *new in*
Idaho7 £50.........2018 ! *new in*
EKG £30.............2018 ! *new in*
Citra £47.............2018 !
Mosaic £47.........2018 !
Cascade £30......2018 !
Amarillo £45.......2018 !
Ekuanot £45.......2018 !
Chinook £37........2018 ! New in
Willamette £30...2018 ! New in

For those wanting just 500g’s of a hop it’s cost the same amount for me to post so I allow £5 for postage and packaging,
example..... just 500g Amarillo would be £25 because price per kilo is £45 - £5(pack and post) = £40 so 500g would be £20 plus then the £5 post n pack = £25
Long winded I know but needs explaining
No extra charges postage is included in prices unlike any other hop supplier I am the cheapest for what ur getting , happy brewing dudes

It’s a bloke called Timmy. He buys hops off of CML and then sells them on FB at a profit. I’ve tried pointing out to people that they can buy them cheaper but people keep on falling for it.

As for the raffle..... £6 to maybe win some hops....... I’d rather buy them. And for him it works out he’s doubling his money even more.

And then he adds another £5 per 500gram pack delivery. I mean these people must be stupid as individually from GEB the delivery for a 500g pack would be cheaper.

It’s a bloke called Timmy. He buys hops off of CML and then sells them on FB at a profit. I’ve tried pointing out to people that they can buy them cheaper but people keep on falling for it.

As for the raffle..... £6 to maybe win some hops....... I’d rather buy them. And for him it works out he’s doubling his money even more.

And then he adds another £5 per 500gram pack delivery. I mean these people must be stupid as individually from GEB the delivery for a 500g pack would be cheaper.

Wow, What a con! I dont go on faceache so arent aware of these groups/comps. Thanks for pointing the above out. It might save some members/lurkers some money :hat:

Thanks for the heads up Hoddy as Myqul says above this thread may save some members/guests some money.

I will move this to the grains, hops, yeast and water forum and i will stick it to the top as a warning to members/guests.

There are videos of the draws and you can see Lush being drawn so I think the draw is fair though the price per ticket may not be.

Not sure the criticism is entirely justified to be honest. I've met the chap concerned. Seems ok. Happy to share his beers at meets. Unless you are incredibly naïve you know what the hop raffle is about. Don't suppose he makes a great deal out of any of it. I don't get involved at all but several people seem happy to buy hops from him.

Not sure the criticism is entirely justified to be honest. I've met the chap concerned. Seems ok. Happy to share his beers at meets. Unless you are incredibly naïve you know what the hop raffle is about. Don't suppose he makes a great deal out of any of it. I don't get involved at all but several people seem happy to buy hops from him.

Fair point.

Its not something i would go for personally (i'm not a gambler) and i just think maybe it would be good for forumites to know that they can actually get the same hops (packaged correctly and really nitrogen flushed) quite a bit cheaper direct from CML.

Back