How do you fill a bottle filler?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got everything ready for bottling some cider. I had brought a bottle filler with hoses included.
This may sound really daft, but I can’t figure out how to fill this bottle filler ready for syphoning.

I did eventually manage, but I’m pretty sure there is an easy way.
I assumed that I would just remove the filler part from the tube, suck and relocate it.
It’s not coming off that tube, fixed too tight.

So I’m clearly doing something pretty silly.

How do people do this?

Attachments

• 3176BE78-F6C2-4619-BBF4-3D02E3A6723D.jpeg
    3176BE78-F6C2-4619-BBF4-3D02E3A6723D.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2
Before i bought my auto syphon i used to fit a syphon tap (side 1) to the end of the syphon tube i would then start the syphon using my mouth and when the wine got to the tap I would quickly close it and fit the little bottler to the tapered end (side 2) open the tap and start to fill the bottle using the little bottler, you have to be fairly quick or it stops flowing, if you are going to use this method regularly I would highly recommend you buy an auto syphon it really does make the job a doddle.

yyyy.png

What I do occasionally is to fill the syphon tube/bottle stick with water, insert into the wine and then start off in a cup draining the water, then into the first bottle. If you have a bucket with tap you can normally push the stick onto the tap then it's very easy. I do this for filling beer bottles.

Just give it a good suck and spit into the sink - thats what my doctor told me to do

I’ve just looked.
So it looks like the bottling stick is fitted to the syphon, then the syphon is pumped into the fluid, is that right. It’s not a great photo/description on the site.

I’ve just looked.
So it looks like the bottling stick is fitted to the syphon, then the syphon is pumped into the fluid, is that right. It’s not a great photo/description on the site.
Look on you tube as there will probably be videos on there

You will need to keep the valve on the bottom of the bottling stick pressed down when you start the auto-syphon, or the flow won't start.
Spot on Tess, i get SWMBO to press the little bottler into a bottle while i start the syphon i have done it before on my own but its far easier with two to get it started.

Latest posts

Back