How is this possible?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keruso

Regular.
Reaction score
I have recently brewed a double IPA , its gone from 1.070 to 1.012 in just two days, sample taken today because I can’t see any airlock activity. Two packs of CML Kentucky, fermented under the stairs so at approximately 20°c. That’s the fastest fermentation I’ve ever seen.

With sufficient yeast and sufficient temperature that drop is quite normal in commercial settings. I remember being a bit stunned that start to finish many ales are fermented for 5 days - though there is then may be a holding period in a bright tank.

With sufficient yeast and sufficient temperature that drop is quite normal in commercial settings. I remember being a bit stunned that start to finish many ales are fermented for 5 days - though there is then may be a holding period in a bright tank.
For my big beers I let them sit in the fermenter for two weeks, was surprised to see such a fall so quickly, but not unusual it seems

Latest posts

Back