I have turned the news off

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ffs were are all going to die why, the sun is shining and it's a tad warm. when i was a lad it was called an indian summer. the way the media are going at it it is the end of the world they need to get grip and tell us real truthful news not some made up cock and bull story. right i am getting the kettle out and brewing a brewers gold smash. and i hope Cornwall is still there on Saturday and not burnt to a cinder

Ffs were are all going to die why, the sun is shining and it's a tad warm. when i was a lad it was called an indian summer. the way the media are going at it it is the end of the world they need to get grip and tell us real truthful news not some made up cock and bull story. right i am getting the kettle out and brewing a brewers gold smash. and i hope Cornwall is still there on Saturday and not burnt to a cinder
There's hope for you, then. We should all turn off the news and stop reading the rags. We might then start thinking for ourselves instead of being told what to think,
It's subtle: I read in a "quality" rag, yesterday, something I keep hearing which sums up exactly what's wrong with us: "....after 13 years of Tory rule....". Since when does an elected government rule us? We elect them to govern on our behalf otherwise it would be like a forum answer to a newbie question: 15 different opinions from 12 different contributors. We pay them to manage an organised, safe society and make laws on our behalf and with our consent so that we can get on with our lives. It's to our lasting shame and a clear indication of our moral cowardice that we, the people, tolerate a grossly incompetent government (of any colour) by kidding ourselves that they "rule" us.
As for me, I'm getting the kettle and and brewing a nice cup of tea! (Any brand that Truss hasn't endorsed).

There's hope for you, then.
Yes there is. 1 i don't vote well not since 1972 so no one runs my life only me. i mostly steer clear of places were there might be children whose parents think they are little angels even if they are annoying other people a good example of this was a pizza place at alton towers a young couple walked in sat at a table the woman then pulled out a spray bottle sprayed the table and chairs her hands, then she called the brats over who had been running in and out and under tables and sprayed them. i don't normally feel sorry for anyone but those 3 kids must have no immune system at all. there are children dying all over world huge numbers on a daily basis now this makes me really angry more so when i see people throwing orange paint about lying on roads and moaning about stuff that is way down list, they need taking to places were kids have no clean water or food leave em there for awhile to think about life and how good they have it

Imagine if we had a month were the media couldn't use the words, maybe, could have, might have, only this morning i saw a head line, What happen if the sun goes dark, don't ask i didn't read it

I think the news and the weather have swapped jobs.

Weather teams should say things like "it will" and "expect" "there is a potential for" and "possible ".. Forecasting
But no... instead we get "today it was" "in the North they had" "the rain is".... No numbnuts that is news.

But hang on the news is full of things like "it will" and "we are expecting" "there is a potential for" and "possible blah".. Forecasting. FFS

I turned it off a while ago, guess its no better?

Sunday has been declared the warmest Christmas Eve in the UK since 1997.
Temperatures hit** 15.3C in Heathrow, west London, and Cippenham in Slough, the Met Office said.
There had been speculation it could be the warmest 24 December ever but that record remains consigned to 1931 - when 15.5C was recorded in Aberdeen and Banff in Scotland.
But the unseasonably mild weather lays the groundwork for what could be the hottest Christmas Day since 2016.

Well I agree that 15.5C is warm for December but use of the word hottest? Hot to me is 25c+

** Temperatures reached is a less sensationalist description, just as temperatures plummeted to -2 is inappropriate.

I suppose if this is the level of article required to engage joe public we get what we deserve.

The sea temp was still over 12C today, normally we’re dipping into single figures around mid-December. That’s a fairly good indicator of what’s been happening weather wise for the last six weeks. The upside of climate change is I still get to spend over 25 minutes in the water in the middle of winter. If I wasn’t an environmentalist I’d be over the moon.

The sea temp was still over 12C today, normally we’re dipping into single figures around mid-December. That’s a fairly good indicator of what’s been happening weather wise for the last six weeks. The upside of climate change is I still get to spend over 25 minutes in the water in the middle of winter. If I wasn’t an environmentalist I’d be over the moon.
A friend of mine's wife is in the 'blue **** club' she'll be happy. With any change in the status quo there are winners and losers.

Ideally with any change you want more winners than losers. But the winners should help out the losers as well IMO

They should rename The News to Bad News, coz that's all it is, tiresome.

"Someone's died, someone's been stabbed, someone's been murdered, someone's been bombed, someone's thinking about bombing someone, a bad person got elected somewhere, bloody hell it's snowing, bloody hell it's raining, bloody hell it's too hot, too windy, too wet, too dry.. and btw the planet is boiling up"

Last edited:
A friend of mine's wife is in the 'blue **** club' she'll be happy. With any change in the status quo there are winners and losers.

Ideally with any change you want more winners than losers. But the winners should help out the losers as well IMO
A win for me would have been a 10 minute swim and having the confidence to plant my garlic!

A win for me would have been a 10 minute swim and having the confidence to plant my garlic!
Ireland is crying out for climate change. I am fed up looking at rain. The funny thing if we do get a decent spell of nice weather they put out a hose pipe band.
You couldn't make this stuff up

Latest posts

Back