I said never but that time has come!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddydisco

Landlord.
Reaction score
:oops: Once upon a time I said I'd never make wine, As I dont drink the stuff :sick:
After Anne and Ian (Matchless) gave me a present 2 weeks ago, I have brewed an Island Mist Peach and Apricot wine kit.
Now the wife knows I can brew wine, she's gone and got 2 DJ's of the dragon inlaw and now I have just put on a Vimto wine, with her plans of doing plum, rasberry, Rhubarb, Gooseberry and All other sorts of stuff.
[sarcasm] Thanks a bunch [/Sarcasm]
This place is dangerous to anybody !
I will post a picky tommorrow.

Oh I followed a recipe for ribeana wine but with vimto instead using 750grm of sugar, All i can say is vimto must have loads of suagr in it, cos It came out at 1.113 with watering back as much as I could. So 16.4% ABV :shock:
So this will be a test for her if she drinks It and likes it I'm in trouble!
If not I got out of that one!

wine makes great gifts to!!!! Wait till summer you`ll be out picking blackberries and elderflowers ;)

I'll be doing a couple of gallons of Wurzels at the weekend :thumb:

corby_brewer said:
No turning back now mate, the 11.4% side is calling :D
Gnat's **** ;)
muddydisco said:
It came out at 1.113 with watering back as much as I could. So 16.4% ABV :shock:
That's more like it :drunk:

Go for it Muddy, get some Wurzel's started :cheers:

Ok a quick question from a noobie!
How long should this take to ferment out as 3 days in it had dropped only a couple of points a now it's only down 10 points? Is this normal? does it take 3-4 weeks as I have heard?
Just something on my mind :hmm:

Ok back to basics what temps are best? I'm around 24 -25c sitting on top of the Vivaruim?
I'm getting a glug a second or so and a fine head of a couple of mm on top of it...

Lot of wine would be ok for mine :D
Oh the Vimto wine didn't happen started off fine but then stalled at 1.030, had reracked more yeast more nutrient and still nothing. Found another use for it, Drain sweetner

Latest posts

Back