Immersion Heater Issue - Electrim 75 by Peco services.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktan

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've just bought myself a Electrim 75 Immersion Heater from my local home brew shop as they were selling them off at £22.

Taken it home and inspected it, all was well. However, once it put it in the demijohn I can't seem to get it NOT to touch the side. The instructions that come with it clearly state that "The glass tube should never be allowed to come into contact with the fermenting vessel" and that "To function correctly the heater should be as close to vertical as possible".

Google Images

Does anyone own this model of heater?

Does anyone have any advice?

I've got one and it just dangles vertically from the rubber bung into the middle of the FV :!: no probs so far, just make sure the heating tube is pretty much fully immersed :thumb:

....... not the best piccy in the world to illustrate what I mean but its in there dangling vertically, supported by the rubber bung :!: I take it the one you got had the rubber bung already attached to the cable :?: it does slide up and down, but its a tight fit, there should be a second pre made hole for an air lock as well :!:

hrbvpe.jpg

Yea, it's got the prefitted rubber bung with 2 holes.

perhaps it becuse my demi is't full yet. I've only just put the brew on and wanted some head space for any foamage. Oh, and it is submerged to the safe level...

Edit* pics to follow*

Edit : Baz Chaz: It's in a 1 gallong Demijohn, not a big ass FV :-)

image0049p.jpg
image0049b.jpg
With pinked up heater outline.

It just doesnt want to hang vertically, seems like a bad design for a demi sized vessel.

Should still be OK I've seen some that fit in plastic clips that have rubber suckers on that stick to the side of a FV :!:

Latest posts

Back