Inkbird 308 Warning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All just a word of warning I have been using several inkbird Itc -308’s for several years to control my fermentation fridges etc. without any issues.
I recently purchased a new brewing system which uses the inkbird Itc-308 Wi-Fi to control the 2.2 kw element for the boil. I have noticed that over the last 15 or so brew days the socket of the inkbird has started getting warm to the touch. Last brewday I could smell burning and after a 60 minute boil I tried to unplug the element only to find the socket on the inkbird had melted making it difficult to remove the plug. Fortunately no harm done.
Has anyone else experienced this ? Or does anyone have any idea what may have caused it ?
Thanks in advance

You overloaded it, it's rated for 2kW according the data sheet. If you use a long extension lead, that could make things worst.

There's a chance you don't get the voltage nowhere near to the mains voltage on the heating element. Therefore It would draw more current. What's the voltage on the heating element during the boil?

I’m assuming it’s 230v I’m using a dedicated 16amp circuit that has recently been installed but I have no way of measuring it at the moment. Looks like I’ll have to buy a clamp meter
Thanks again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back