Inkbird ITC 308 wi-fi probe cable extension

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thatscold

Reaction score
I need to extend the probe cable length, is it as simple as splicing in a extra length of wire? Has anyone done this?
What cable do I need?
I’m happy soldering and heat shrinking the wires together.
Thanks

I haven't done it on a 308 but I've done it with an STC-1000. I added an RCA jack to the probe wire and socket coming from the STC which lets me use a standard rca extension. Because the probes are based on resistance I thought the added resistance of the wire might mean it needed a calibration tweak but it didn't change even a tenth of a degree.

I did have a problem when I didn't use it for months and months but that was the connection between the rca connections - after a few twists to scrape the corrosion it was fine.

Two. There's a two pin header connecting it to the circuit board so if you wanted to add an extension non-destructively you could. Pretty easy to convert it over to a 3.5mm jack like they do on the one model if you wanted. And old pair of earphones and a visit to Poundland for a headphone extension is all you'd need.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back