Invert sugar in Brewfather?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewed_Force

Reaction score
I have been trying out the free version of Brewfather with a view to using it for my recipes instead of Brewgr.
I copied a couple of my old recipes into it, no problem, but one of them uses Invert No.3 brewing sugar.
In the standard ingredients list there is no setting I can see for invert sugar. If I created a new ingredient for Brewer's invert no.3 what do I put for the potential, yield, fermentability fields etc. ?

Also I saw a previous post where somebody mentioned sustituting differing ratios of Golden Syrup and Blackstrap Molasses to approximate Brewers Invert nos. 1 to 4
I tried this in Brewfather as those two are included, but the resulting SRM was a lot lower than it should be with real invert sugar. Any ideas why ?

I substituted Belgian dark candi sugar in the recipe calculator and the SRM went off the scale!
Then I tried the amber and that was still too dark, but the clear was too light.

Here's the original recipe:
Let's Brew Wednesday - 1897 Fullers X

(I am aware that this is a recipe from 1897 and the quality and consistency of malted barley has improved a lot since then)

I subscribe to BF and there is an invert sugar option under fermentables, You can put in your own yield and SG etc, in fact you can add your own definition of fermentables with your own labelling so it is easy if you know what to put in. £20 per annum it costs, peanuts for such a versatile tool.

Back