IPA bittering hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_burgess

Reaction score
Im hoping to do a clone of Flowers IPA, Im sure most of the older guys on here would have sampled this beer at some point. I just need a little help with the recipe. In my recipe book it suggests using Target as the bittering hops but my Dad is dead against Northern brewer or Target as bittering hops.

Do you have any suggestions?

I'm only 5 AGs in and a few extracts years ago, but I really like N Brewer for bittering, having used it successfully in three very different beers: ESB, Belgian Trippel and APA with Galaxy. Lovely clean bittering on which to build, IMHO.

I haven't used Target, but it certainly sounds very robust and perhaps needs treating more cautiously, so maybe your dad is right on that one.

English IPA, you can happily use fuggles/east kent goldings. check here for a better substitution chart - it won't matter that much because most flavour and aroma will take a back seat when a hop is boiled for 60 minutes, you're just getting bittering power.

Latest posts

Back