Ireland's Trouble's legacy bill

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder will it turn up evidence of any collusion. I believe this was the pivotal moment in the peace process in Northern Ireland and have questions about who actually carried out this atrocity.

Friend of mine lost his brother in Omagh and lost an eye himself, definitely felt it was a pivotal moment in the peace process.

Friend of mine lost his brother in Omagh and lost an eye himself, definitely felt it was a pivotal moment in the peace process.
A real dark day in the history of the troubles. Most remember exactly where they were that day. I remember the call over the radio for anyone with medical training in the local area to help out.

Sorry to her that. It was one of the biggest atrocity’s in Northern Ireland and came at a time that all seemed lost and a return to violence was imminent. It pushed the peace process through as everyone was outraged that such a thing could have happened. I always wondered who had more to gain from this bomb being planted.

Sorry to her that. It was one of the biggest atrocity’s in Northern Ireland and came at a time that all seemed lost and a return to violence was imminent. It pushed the peace process through as everyone was outraged that such a thing could have happened. I always wondered who had more to gain from this bomb being planted.

Certainly seemed an error of judgement from the IRA.

My wife's old landlord lost his ma in Omagh.
He chatted about her lots and was obviously scarred from the event (who wouldn't be)

You don't think the real IRA planted the bomb @Donegal john ?

For me it's a problem I cant fathom or understand. However I did have a medical work colleague who was in the army and served in NI and when I asked him if he shot folk he said blankly "Yes". I was a bit shocked to say the least.

Certainly seemed an error of judgement from the IRA.
I was 16 at the time, it was carried out by the real IRA. A group opposed to the peace process. Apparently the group was under close surveillance at the time and that opportunities were missed to prevent it.
Hopefully the enquiry will bring out the truth

My wife's old landlord lost his ma in Omagh.
He chatted about her lots and was obviously scarred from the event (who wouldn't be)

You don't think the real IRA planted the bomb @Donegal john ?
I always wondered who had more to lose with the peace process stalling. All sides were ready to go back to an armed struggle and then the Omagh bomb happened. This event was the push that made all sides sit down at the table and talk and an end to the armed conflict was the result. Was there British army involvement ? Who knows. We never will.

For me it's a problem I cant fathom or understand. However I did have a medical work colleague who was in the army and served in NI and when I asked him if he shot folk he said blankly "Yes". I was a bit shocked to say the least.
The British government is trying to push through a legacy bill to stop further investigations. All victim's and families deserve the truth. Unfortunately all sides have a lot to lose if this happens.

I always wondered who had more to lose with the peace process stalling. All sides were ready to go back to an armed struggle and then the Omagh bomb happened. This event was the push that made all sides sit down at the table and talk and an end to the armed conflict was the result. Was there British army involvement ? Who knows. We never will.
There were, apparently, parts of the security forces against the peace process.
God's knows what happened.

What a lot don’t realise is there were 3 sets of “terrorist” in Northern Ireland. Republican loyalist and British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back