Is burnt toast a health risk?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mrs Tea likes her toast dark brown and i have been telling her for years its bad for her but she ignores me, i actually prefer mine a lighter colour like the one highlighted in the video, how do you like yours?

If you like yours dark brown will this make you change your mind?

Experts say bread, chips and potatoes should be cooked to a golden yellow colour, rather than brown, to reduce our intake of a chemical which could cause cancer.
Acrylamide is produced when starchy foods are roasted, fried or grilled for too long at high temperatures.

23 January 2017 Last updated at 00:11 GMT

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTlHy2tCfio[/ame]

What next? Barbequed meat? Oh .... forgot, that's a 'health risk' too, as well as sugar, alcohol, fluoridated water (well for some anyway), gluten and refined white flour, processed meat, old cooking oil, acidic fruit juices and cola (dental implications) ........:(

What next? Barbequed meat?

There was a big discussion about Bacon not long ago, i guess all they can do is point out eating burnt food is not good for you then its down to us to decide if we change our habits or not.

TBH i prefer chicken. :lol:

Who gives a ****? I've just had a cracking bacon butty for me supper, now I'm going to have copious amounts of ale. Should I have lettuce and spring water to give me a few more 'adult nappy' years?

Mrs Tea likes her toast dark brown and i have been telling her for years its bad for her but she ignores me, i actually prefer mine a lighter colour like the one highlighted in the video, how do you like yours?

Chippy with half a pound of butter on :lol: if it was left to these people we would take a tablet every morning instead of food, i dont know why there warning us, because they say were living too long, so they have to adjust the old age pension, and cant cope with the burden on the NHS. You would think they would stay stum and hope it killed a few of us off

This is gonna sound a bit like a crackpot statement, the type coming from someone who should have a tinfoil hat on.
But what about Flouride in the water? Its a dangerous toxin. Couple that with the amounts sugars/saturated fats thats pumped into everything. I think that's more responsible than a burnt bit of toast. Theirs no such thing as "clean food" anymore. Unless you grow it yourself.

This is gonna sound a bit like a crackpot statement, the type coming from someone who should have a tinfoil hat on.
But what about Flouride in the water? Its a dangerous toxin. Couple that with the amounts sugars/saturated fats thats pumped into everything. I think that's more responsible than a burnt bit of toast. Theirs no such thing as "clean food" anymore. Unless you grow it yourself.

Cant understand people smoking 420 when if you go jogging you can get high on petrol fumes , These must be the biggest cause of cancers and other health problems in the world today, just look at the amount of cars coughing out all that **** every day, and those stupid fuk witts are rambling on about a well cooked roaster or a few slices of toast, Dont the top chefs call it caramelisation? i will take my chances with the toast,spuds and BBQ meat , they can write on my grave Browned to death. You are only here ONE TIME so i would sooner have 70 years of pleasure than 80 years of abstinence , Life is for living so enjoy.

Ahh pish. It'll be a wonder if I get to 30. I only eat my toast well browned. That with burnt bacon, strong coffee, strong tea (can't remember if that's bad for you this week), booze, BBQ meat, fluoridated water, fruit juice, sugar, white flour, cola drinks and 'real' butter. I don't think there much hope for me. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh pish. It'll be a wonder if I get to 30. I only eat my toast well browned. That with burnt bacon, strong coffee, strong tea (can't remember if that's bad for you this week), booze, BBQ meat, fluoridated water, fruit juice, sugar, white flour, cola drinks and 'real' butter. I don't think there much hope for me. :lol:

Cut out the fluoride as much as you can and awaken, put down the shackles of this tyranny

20 or so we had a `friend' who would lecture us incessantly on why we should be stuffing our faces with good healthy organic veg - and then she'd pop round the corner to smoke some heroin...

I bet you make 90 easy. If not, you'll have had a happy stint on this ol' rock anyway so you can't lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTlHy2tCfio

Chippy, you just love starting threads like this,only problem is,someone usually takes offence at something and it ends up closed 😀,independence anyone 😉

Chippy, you just love starting threads like this,only problem is,someone usually takes offence at something and it ends up closed

I like the snug as it allows members to give their opinions on a wide variety of subjects (not just home brew) and the only time threads are closed is when members abuse each other because they don't agree, its a shame people cannot make a point without resorting to name calling but i guess that's human nature.

Edit to add -

I have mentioned the Forum Rules before and number one and five cover this subject.

I'm reminded of the time I was driving along and listening to a phone-in programme on the radio about "dieting and health".

A man phoned in and says to the Doctor on the programme ...

"Heart attacks are almost unheard of in Japan.
If I follow a Japanese diet will I live longer?"​
To which the Doctor replied ...

"The typical Japanese diet mainly consists of raw fish and boiled rice.
I don't know whether or not you will live any longer
but it will almost certainly seem a lot longer."

I've used this as my yardstick ever since when considering dietary scare stories! :thumb:

Yeah,might be stupid or not but we are all going to die at some point, i will still eat burnt toast,barbecued food and whatever else i like,my liver might give in first, i could not give a monkeys, become a Christian, C'mon, it takes away the worry, entry will not be refused for toast eating and you will have eternity to put things right,and brew........... 😇

Latest posts

Back