Is summer nearly here

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graysalchemy

Reaction score
According to the BBC the jet stream is moving north again so we may start getting warmer weather next week :party: :party:

But we will get more rain first :x :x

"This year the jet stream has been much further south than normal and we have had our wettest June on record followed by a wetter than average July," said BBC weather presenter Cecilia Daly.

But there are signs that the jet stream may shift slightly northwards which means it should feel more like summer.

"Around the middle of next week, pressure will build - the Azores high.

"This would allow our weather to take on more normal summer characteristics," she explained.

I think I will believe it when I see it. :hmm: :hmm:

You can have our weather Grays. Seems a trade would be in good order. We have a severe drought and week after week of 35C+ temps.

Am hoping it will be better when I go to Devon in a couple of weeks but we are going to spend most of the time body boarding anyway so it doesn't really matter!

Still its nice if the wet suits can dry out over night.

phettebs said:
You can have our weather Grays. Seems a trade would be in good order. We have a severe drought and week after week of 35C+ temps.

35C+ :shock: frig that for a game of marbles , i start crying when it hits 80F :roll:
Well i rather have a white butt then what i have now ... webbed friggin feet ;)

its piddlin it down here... must have changed to our normal summer weather already

On the plus side, I haven't had to mow the lawn in over a month! But seriously, It's not even fun to sit out on the patio in the shade with a beer. There have been plenty of nights where it was still in the 90sF after dark. Too much of any one weather pattern sucks. Sorry you lot are water logged. :-(

On the plus side, I haven't had to mow the lawn in over a month!

you must be joking with all this water my grass is growing 6 inches a week..... don't think weve manage to sit outside with a pint on an evening since April time.

Bloody hope so! I've got a summer lightening ready for brewing !
Perhaps it will be an Indian summer? Just right when the kids go back to school!

Walking around this afternoon buying bits to finish off hop strainer and I couldn't believe the deals on Bbq's! Shame I couldn't fit it in my canoe ;)
Kin weather can't wait to watch the 100 metres ran in wellies should add to the fun, :drink:

No surprises here, today has been a mixture of clear blue skies and flash floods. We've had quite a pleasant evening but I fancy nipping outside for a smoke and I can hear it's absolutely lashing down at the moment.

Back