Is the Biden win good or bad news for the U.K

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Bidens Ireland comments were more expressing a concern for the peace process post Brexit, a view held by many, rather than ani-English. Now one of our oven ready deals is not as straight forward as we were led to believe the UK Brexit negotiations looks more vulnerable to me as our bargaining position with the EU now looks weaker. Just because Mr. Orange told us it was going to be a great deal it was always a precarious to assume it was going to be straight forward.

I doubt it will make much difference.
Although Trump used America First as a slogan, all US presidents think the same way. If the deal isn't to their advantage then there won't be a deal.

If course we won't get a good deal from the USA, regardless of who is president. Big business runs the show. At least we stood a good chance as part of the EU. Johnson and his cronies will be selling us to the lowest bidder (ie the one that makes him and his friends the most money).

US government and corporations give not a toss about anyone else, unless it gives them a strategic or financial advantage. One very good example of business expansion is Coca Cola during World War II, the president (and I'm paraphrasing here) said e ery American serviceman should able to buy a Coke for a nickel. So, where the US forces went, Coca Cola bottling followed.

We only finished repaying the USA for their help during World War II within the last 20 years.

If course we won't get a good deal from the USA, regardless of who is president. Big business runs the show. At least we stood a good chance as part of the EU. Johnson and his cronies will be selling us to the lowest bidder (ie the one that makes him and his friends the most money).

US government and corporations give not a toss about anyone else, unless it gives them a strategic or financial advantage. One very good example of business expansion is Coca Cola during World War II, the president (and I'm paraphrasing here) said e ery American serviceman should able to buy a Coke for a nickel. So, where the US forces went, Coca Cola bottling followed.

We only finished repaying the USA for their help during World War II within the last 20 years.
Yeah, but they need us more than we need them.:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

Latest posts

Back