is this a suitable polypin?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
krazypara3165 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-10-LITRE-COLLAPSIBLE-WATER-CARRIER-CONTAINER-spout-/271042829763?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_Accessories&hash=item3f1b695dc3

Would this be ok to use as a polypin to connect to a beer engine? how would I connect the line to the tap on the polypin?

in short no - the plastic is thin, and they leak.

the camping one I have makes the water taste like plastic, so not something you really want in your beer

cheers gents. ive got a couple of similar ones already at home (from camping stores) and they appear thick enough (at least i thought). I take it the ones from the home brew shop are suitable then?

cheers! picking up 4 beer engines tomorrow so I shall order some of them! then its just down to getting a brew on to fill them ready for summer! :D

I noticed your beer engine thread, It should make a nice little bar if you can get four pins on the go, you'll have to drink fast though :party:

haha chrig..... I've been looking for some for ages and in the last week loads have cropped up. A branded angram went for 10.50 on friday! I'm not a big enough drinker to have 4 on the go so will probably stick with just the two. it will give me time to re-condition 2 thoroughly and replace seals, sand and varnish ect.

krazypara3165 said:
haha chrig..... I've been looking for some for ages and in the last week loads have cropped up. A branded angram went for 10.50 on friday! I'm not a big enough drinker to have 4 on the go so will probably stick with just the two. it will give me time to re-condition 2 thoroughly and replace seals, sand and varnish ect.

Hope yours are in better condition than the one I found in my loft

DSCF4812.jpg

Decided it wasn't worth ordering a seal kit as the glass cylinder looked pretty naff. So I carried on and cleaned it all and reassembled and gave it a try, guess what, there was a leak from the plunger shaft As the shaft is not part of the replacement parts I decided it was better to order a complete cylinder from Angram.

Dads_Ale said:
krazypara3165 said:

Hope yours are in better condition than the one I found in my loft

DSCF4812.jpg

Decided it wasn't worth ordering a seal kit as the glass cylinder looked pretty naff. So I carried on and cleaned it all and reassembled and gave it a try, guess what, there was a leak from the plunger shaft As the shaft is not part of the replacement parts I decided it was better to order a complete cylinder from Angram.

A whole lot better but two need handles! Lol I was actually surprised how well theve been kept although could do with driptrays,sanding down and a lick of paint! But cracking considering they worked out at a tenner each!

Looks to me like an Angram model CO, good little hand pumps! I have a Homark hand pump which I loved, right up until I tried to use it at my wedding last year and found the pump had split! Very gutted - trying to find spares now!

Going to order the pins in the morning. Has anyone else got experience with murphys polypins? They are considerably cheaper.

Latest posts

Back