Ispindel alternative board

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooter

Reaction score
Hi I'm thinking of building a ispindel but was going to try and build it on a budget as I'm struggling to find a casing for it and I would like to make it smaller by having only the essential components on the inside and powering it and having to main board on the outside. I have a nodemcu V3 and was wondering if I could use that instead of the D1 mini just to test my theory?

What do you mean? You want the nodemcu outside the tube? Floating in the beer? Doesn't sound right...

So you have a bigger nodemcu v3 and it won't fit in anything designed for a smaller wemos mini? And you want to do something or other.

You should be able to use it. You might need to change some code a bit maybe

Hi the node MCU would be on the outside of the vessel wired up to the giro and the temp sensor in a tube waterproofed with having less in the tube is should be poss to make one small enough to fit in to a demijohn or other small necked vessel. Where can I find the code ?

Hi the node MCU would be on the outside of the vessel wired up to the giro and the temp sensor in a tube waterproofed with having less in the tube is should be poss to make one small enough to fit in to a demijohn or other small necked vessel. Where can I find the code ?
Hmmm. Not sure how much the wires would effect the delicate floating tilt

I would make a dry mock-up first using that MCU, then shrink the design to fit inside a 50ml centrifuge container.
A waterproof beach money container may also work, or just machine a section of acrylic tubing to take end plugs with O rings.
This is what I nearly always do in my designs. First make one that works - whatever the size and mess. Then you can work on making it neater, smaller and cutting out the extra stuff you don't use.

This applies in industry too. Having a fully working model first is more important than a finished design that it won't fit into. It's a good engineer that can fit everything in the space required.

If I were you I would buy a kit first, then redesign it the way you want to make a better version.- Maybe add contactless charging to it.

Latest posts

Back