iSpindel - Argh.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my iSpindel of a supplier on eBay, the battery that came with it was a Ultrafire 18650. These batteries are **** and have no capacity at all so get a proper real battery like a Samsung.

I got my iSpindel of a supplier on eBay, the battery that came with it was a Ultrafire 18650. These batteries are **** and have no capacity at all so get a proper real battery like a Samsung.
What was the capacity?

Always best going with a reputable brand.

It was a 9000mAh (so it said LOL). It would not charge properly and was very light in weight compared to a 'real' 2000mAh one I had. I took it apart and there was very little inside. Good job I didn't try and use it in a brew as it would not have lasted for the whole fermentation. I have done a couple of brews with the iSpindel and with a good battery inside and there was plenty of charge left at the end.

It was a 9000mAh (so it said LOL). It would not charge properly and was very light in weight compared to a 'real' 2000mAh one I had. I took it apart and there was very little inside. Good job I didn't try and use it in a brew as it would not have lasted for the whole fermentation. I have done a couple of brews with the iSpindel and with a good battery inside and there was plenty of charge left at the end.
Cheap Chinese job with the fake capacity.

I think before I do anything else I need to replace my battery too! Mine is a surefire 3600mAh.

I think before I do anything else I need to replace my battery too! Mine is a surefire 3600mAh.
Capacity is fine, brand maybe not so much...

18650 UK

https://18650.uk/
They have an eBay shop too. Ideally, you want a battery heavier than 42g. Negates the need to throw in old coins, kitchen sink and other assortments of dross for ballast.

hi i have tried flashing my memos and when i try to locate the ispindel wifi all I'm showing is micro python-1478b4 wifi does this mean the demos not flashed

Hi all, I have just built an Ispindel but I cant connect to the WiFi and therefore cant get into the config menu.
When I press the reset button the LED just briefly flashes once on each press and the WIFI only shows on my laptop for a couple of seconds, not long enough for me to connect to.
I have tried multiple reset presses and long presses.
I have tried to re flash the wemos and all seems to go well but I still cant get the WiFi to stay active for more than a couple of seconds.

Any ideas ?

Got mine need to press reset button as it's not connecting. The phone connected and then asked for password, added my virgin media one, my WiFi then the system went, disapereed. Now spindle does not flash but just blue constant. Think I need to reset, no idea where this reset button is.. Any description would help

Back