It blows my head off!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derren

Reaction score
So, admittedly im a green.....

...In fact so much so, that much of the talk around Attenuation and everything surrounding sours, mixed Fermentation, and generally all grain discussion finds me lost but I will say this.... I love it! I love it all! I'm drinking my first AG brew on tap having set myself up ( spent far too much) on a 2 corny kegerator to date. I also now have a fermenting chamber having having ballsed up the first kegerator!!!

Anyway I am currently sat in the balmy evening warmth enjoying a kegged premium ale (6.9%) and the occasional bottle conditioned lager (6.4%)!all brewed courtesy and with the help of this group....so to each of you who have replied to my threads I thank you. Xx

However...... Nobody told me in advance that my home brews would blow my head off quite as much as they do!!!

Admittedly I have used additional fermentables along the way but really am I the only one to be caught out this way??

I think it’s the excitement. I crack open a bottle of home brew. Fizzzz! Ooo it’s carbonated. Excellent. Give it a sniff. Mmmm, smell that lovely aroma. By the time I have finished thinking how good it tastes and congratulating myself, I have hit the bottom of the glass and want another go. It is not until the stark light of the following day that I come around with a smile on my face and a headache that won’t budge and regret the fervour with which I consumed, two maybe three pints 🤣 In short I am not sure that we are experiencing the same thing. I have a problem with the speed at which I drink and you are brewing beer that is 6.4-6.9 percent. No wonder it is knocking you to your knees. Maybe try for a sesh beer next time 🤣 all the best fellow Merry drinker.

Thanks Clint, I must confess I'm now a little worried about the trippel and czech pilsner ive got conditioning!!

Genuinely, despite never having met you, I do feel I have a relationship given the number of comments and advice tips I've read that have been posted from you!

Prost!!

🍺

You may well be correct fireside... It might be the excitement and the speed of drinking, or then again the strength.

In truth I think it might be both!!

I'd double read then cross reference with a reliable (sober) source....although I'm on PG TIPS tonight as I got work today and tomorrow....

So, admittedly im a green.....

...In fact so much so, that much of the talk around Attenuation and everything surrounding sours, mixed Fermentation, and generally all grain discussion finds me lost but I will say this.... I love it! I love it all! I'm drinking my first AG brew on tap having set myself up ( spent far too much) on a 2 corny kegerator to date. I also now have a fermenting chamber having having ballsed up the first kegerator!!!

Anyway I am currently sat in the balmy evening warmth enjoying a kegged premium ale (6.9%) and the occasional bottle conditioned lager (6.4%)!all brewed courtesy and with the help of this group....so to each of you who have replied to my threads I thank you. Xx

However...... Nobody told me in advance that my home brews would blow my head off quite as much as they do!!!

Admittedly I have used additional fermentables along the way but really am I the only one to be caught out this way??

6% is a good starting number IMO - Very sessionable. athumb..

Thanks Clint, I must confess I'm now a little worried about the trippel and czech pilsner ive got conditioning!!

Genuinely, despite never having met you, I do feel I have a relationship given the number of comments and advice tips I've read that have been posted from you!

Prost!!

🍺

I’m approaching the end of a strong Czech Pilsner (6.3%) and thinking about a Belgian Tripel - great minds aligned!

I am feeling the effects from my Pilsner - but only because it’s my first pint. By the time I’m five pints in I’ll be perfectly sober 😉

Latest posts

Back